(Montréal, Canada, 9 to 12 September 2024)
1. The International Civil Aviation Organization’s (ICAO) first Advanced Air Mobility
Symposium (AAM 2024) is expected to take place from 9 to 12 September 2024, in Montréal, Canada. The
theme is “Advanced air mobility (AAM) global harmonization and interoperability: Challenges and
2. The symposium will build upon the developments of DRONE ENABLE with attention
given to concepts for AAM, electric vertical take-off and landing (eVTOL) aircraft, vertiports, automation,
trust framework and airspace integration. Several dimensions to these new mobility concepts and
infrastructure will be considered.
3. AAM 2024 will bring together key stakeholders from industry, academia, government and
international organizations in advanced air mobility, as well as unmanned aircraft systems (UAS), sectors
to exchange research, best practices, lessons learned and respective challenges. Attention will be given to
ongoing ICAO activities related to AAM, including UAS, which need to be addressed collectively in order
to facilitate their integration into the global aviation system.
4. AAM 2024 will provide networking and bilateral opportunities, showcase the breadth of
existing technologies, ongoing research and development, as well as commercial and non-commercial
activities in this rapidly evolving sector of the aviation industry. Exhibition booths and sponsorships will
also be available.
5. As these activities will address subjects of interest to a wide-ranging audience, you are
kindly requested to disseminate this information to any organizations and/or related industries in your State
whose participation and contribution may be beneficial.
6. Additional details will be provided through a State letter closer to the symposium. In the
meantime, prospective participants and sponsors are encouraged to regularly visit the event website at
https://www.icao.int/Meetings/AAM2024 for updates. Any queries regarding the symposium may be
forwarded to RPASEvents@icao.int.