The oversight and surveillance of civil aviation activities implemented by the Aviation Safety and Regulations Department of the CAA. The head of the Department shall be conferred a status of the General State Inspector of aviation safety.
The main responsibility: Aircraft operations inspections, certifications and surveillance.
The primary goal: To ensure that air operators comply with Mongolian Civil Aviation Regulations.
Functions and responsibilities are:
- Perform entry control and functional supervision on air operators
- Aircraft Operations Safety oversight
- Approval of special operation specifications (MEL, RVSM, RNP and etc.)
- Approval/Acceptance of aviation documents
- Approval or exemptions to the transport of Dangerous goods
- Certification of foreign air operators, and conduct ramp and document inspection
- Certification of air freight forwarders
- Conduct Safety Inspections and Audit
- Development and revision of specific operating regulations